Serves: 10 eggrolls
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tbs. orange marmalade
- 10 square egg roll wrappers
- 20 (square) thin slices deli ham
- 10 (square) slices white cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 oz.) cup Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Country Cabbage, drained well
- 1 beaten egg white
- 1 cup peanut oil (for frying)
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and marmalade; set aside.
- Press all excess moisture out of the Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Country Cabbage and chop fine; set aside.
- Lay all egg roll wrappers onto a flat work surface.
- Brush inside of wrappers with the mustard-marmalade mixture (leaving a ½ inch border on all sides) followed by 2 slices of ham and then a scattering of cabbage (approximately one tbs. per wrap). Top cabbage with a slice of cheese.
- To roll wrappers, fold the top and bottom edges ½ inch over filling. Rotate wrappers (folded edges to the side) and brush top edges with egg whites. Starting at the bottom edge, roll wrappers snugly up towards the top until the seam is on the bottom.
- Heat peanut oil to 325°F and fry egg rolls about 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Cut in half on the diagonal and serve with sweet chili sauce, if desired.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.