Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 (4 count) package meatless Andouille sausage (such as Tofurky)
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow peppers
- 2 (15 oz) cans Glory Foods Red Beans and Rice; drained
- 1 (5.5 oz) can vegetable juice
- vegetable seasoning for sprinkling
- hot sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown (whole) sausages on all side until golden brown; set aside and keep warm.
- Return skillet to heat and add oil. Stir in onion and peppers; saute 2 minutes.
- Add red beans & rice and vegetable juice; simmer for 8 minutes.
- Slice sausage and stir into the red beans and rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with vegetables seasoning before serving.
- Serve with hot sauce and a buttered roll if desired.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Recipe by: Michaela Rosenthal
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.