Glory foods® Enhances Its Collard Greens With New Cooking Process Innovation
COLUMBUS, OH (October 2011) – Glory Foods, Inc. (Glory) is giving Southern-style food lovers a reason to fall more in love with its pre-seasoned collard greens as a result of its latest cooking process innovation and enriched flavoring that combine to dramatically enhance its signature southern-style taste. Boasting a New, Richer Southern Flavor, the new and improved formula debuts in its heat and serve canned varieties of greens, peas and beans and string beans. The New, Richer Southern Flavor is available now in grocery stores and mass merchandise retailers nationwide with no price increase. “While we’ve introduced a mix of new products in recent years, it’s been a while since we’ve made any significant enhancements to the ‘flavor’ of our products,” said Dan Charna, vice president of operations for Glory Foods. “By listening to our consumers and with the help of our world-class R&D folks, I believe we’ve gotten as close as one can get to southern authenticity in a can.”
NEW, RICHER SOUTHERN FLAVOR
The enhanced product varieties benefit from a proprietary new cooking process during the canning phase that nearly cuts the required cooking time in half. This quicker cooking system helps to preserve flavor and is more environmentally friendly. New, Richer Southern Flavor also features an added boost of new savory flavoring in each can that make for an all-around tastier southern dish on family tables across America. The improved product maintains Glory’s tradition of starting with farm-fresh vegetables that are coupled with the finest seasonings and premium ingredients such as sweet bell peppers, onions and garlic. With a regional roll-out that started earlier in the summer, the New, Richer Southern Flavor is now phasing in stores nationally. While some of the original cans may still be found on store shelves during the phase-in, consumers should look for cans with the New, Richer Southern Flavor decal in stores nationwide. Glory’s core line-up of canned vegetables is the first and only to inherit the new flavor including:
- Southern Style Premium Greens: Heat and serve Collard Greens, Kale, Turnips, Mustard and Mixed Greens featuring onions, garlic and spices in a rich southern broth. All greens varieties are available in 14.5 oz. cans and go up from there.
- Southern Style Peas and Beans: All varieties of Glory’s beans and peas have been enhanced with the new flavor including Black Beans and Rice, Black Eye Peas, Black Eye Peas and Rice, Butter Beans, Field Peas & Snaps, Great Northern Beans, Lima Beans, New Orleans Style Red Beans and Pinto Beans. The peas and beans are available in 14.5 oz. cans go up from there.
- Southern Style String Beans: Both its Country Style String Beans and String Beans with Potatoes feature premium green beans that are slow simmered with Glory’s signature flavors and are available in 27 oz. cans.
Glory Continues To Strengthen Retail Presence With New Acosta Partnership
In keeping with the exciting new organizational shifts under its parent company McCall Farms, sales and marketing powerhouse Acosta was selected to be Glory Foods’s new retail sales agent. Officially taking the reins in September as its national broker of record, Acosta will provide a range of marketing and merchandising services such as Continuity Services, Resets and special projects in all stores where Glory Foods is sold. Acosta kicks off its engagement with the activation of the New, Richer Southern Flavor products at retail, which is a timely springboard for helping Glory optimize an engaging in-store experience during the 2011 Holiday season and year-round.
A Glorious Holiday Season
Glory's New, Richer Southern Flavor was put to the test this fall during the 2011 Southern Women's Show events where attendees were treated to Glory-inspired dishes created by chefs using New, Richer Southern Flavor. Glory is making it easy for more consumers to 'try' New, Richer Southern Flavor and also get money-saving deals to enhance their Holiday cooking experiences:
- A Taste of Glory: Hundreds of free sampling demonstrations in participating stores across the U.S. Visit www.gloryfoods.com for a listing of participating stores
- Glorious Holiday Deals: Look out for exciting promotional discounts with Glory's 'Glorious Holiday Meals' coupons available in select local newspapers, at Walmart.com and in Holiday issues of All You Magazine (available exclusively at Walmart)
- Consumers can look for the New, Richer Southern Flavor decal on Glory's traditional cans in stores today. Glory Foods's variety of southern-style products including canned vegetables, cooking bases, hot sauces and fresh greens are available at a variety of retailers across the U.S. including BI-LO, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Ingles, Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, Publix Super Markets, Target, Walmart and Winn-Dixie.
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- GLORY FOODS INC. WINS OVERALL “BEST THEME” IN “CANTRIBUTION” CONTEST
- GLORY FOODS INC. AWARDS GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE “RACE TO FEEDING AMERICA” SWEEPSTAKES
- GLORY FOODS GOES GLOBAL WITH FUSION CUISINE AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S SHOW IN NOVI, MICH.
- HOME ECONOMIST HONES DOWN-HOME RECIPES FOR GLORY FOODS AT SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOW IN RALEIGH, NC
- RESTAURANT OWNER TO SHARE RECIPES FEATURING GLORY FOODS AT SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOW IN RICHMOND, VA
- NUTRITION EXPERT PRESENTS DELICIOUS DISHES AT SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOW IN NASHVILLE, TENN.
- GLORY FOODS INTRODUCES NEW MONTHLY RECIPES AND MEAL PLANS MONTHLY VIA GLORYFOODS.COM
- GLORY FOODS ANNOUNCES “HONOR YOUR HERO” PHOTO CONTEST WINNERS
- GLORY FOODS BRINGS ITS SOULFUL HERITAGE TO SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOW IN MEMPHIS, TENN.
- GLORY FOODS NEW SMOKED SAUSAGE PRODUCTS HAVE SOUTHERN TWIST
- GLORY FOODS FEATURES CANNED GOODNESS AT 2013 SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOWS
- GLORY FOODS LAUNCHES “HONOR YOUR HERO” PHOTO CONTEST IN CELEBRATION OF BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- GLORY FOODS WILL BE FEATURED ON ABC’s “THE CHEW” STARTING FRIDAY, FEB. 1
- GLORY FOODS INTRODUCES TOUCHDOWN RECIPES FOR THE BIG GAME ON FEB. 3
- GLORY FOODS HOLIDAY DECORATIONS CONTEST WINNERS CAPTURE SPIRIT OF SEASON
- TWO STUDENTS AT THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY AWARDED THE GLORY FOODS MINORITY SCHOLARSHIP
- GLORY FOODS SPONSORS HOLIDAY FOOD BANK DRIVE ON DECEMBER 7 AND DECEMBER 8 WITH MYRTLE BEACH BUSINESS
- GLORY FOODS INTRODUCES A FRESH BATCH OF RECIPES FOR THE NEW YEAR
- GLORY FOODS INTRODUCES A FRESH BATCH OF RECIPES FOR THE NEW YEAR
- GLORY FOODS®, INC. DEBUTS NEW AD CAMPAIGN FEATURING “THE GREEN BEAN CHALLENGE”
- WOMEN WIN GLORY FOODS, INC. PUMPKIN-CARVING CONTEST
- RACE TO FEEDING AMERICA CAMPAIGN DONATES $50,000 TO FEEDING AMERICA TO BENEFIT CHILD HUNGER RELIEF E
- NASCAR DRIVERS FACE-OFF AGAINST HUNGER AT BANK OF AMERICA 500 ON OCTOBER 13 FOR GLORY FOODS, INC. RA
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest Launches Via Social Media
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- Glory Foods Cultivates Canned Food Education at 14th annual Micki Zartman Scarlet & Gray Ag Day
- Glory Foods Launches Social Media Photo Contest To Celebrate Mother’s Day
- Glory Foods Announces Weekly Glory Giveaways on Facebook
- Glory Foods Reintroduces Sensibly Seasoned All Natural Lower Sodium Product Line
- Glory Foods Continues Successful Sourcing of Vegetables from Southeastern United States Farmers
- Glory foods® Enhances Its Collard Greens With New Cooking Process Innovation
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.