The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
June 18, 2012
Every year around the fourth of July the tradition of creating a grilled feast is thrust upon men across the nation. As most celebrations go steaks, hamburgers and hot dogs are usually in order. But what about the rest of the feast? The meat is a good start to the meal, but a good portion of sides is necessary to induce the food comma that is so commonly associated with this legendary, rugged day.
A good place to start is with an appetizer. There is a great recipe for a Collard and Sausage soup at Gloryfoods.com that is sure to start any celebration meal off on the right foot. The recipe calls for 1 can of Glory Foods Collard Greens and, among other things, some onion, potatoes, and 2 lbs of Italian sausage. Cooked slowly with garlic, this soup is the perfect start to the best meal of the summer.
Now, back to those side dishes. While Mom is working on the mashed potatoes, which are a perfect complement to any meat dish, the men can work on a side dish too, without ever leaving the grill. Glory Foods also offers numerous other canned vegetables that taste great and are easy to make. There’s a simple process that any manly group can use to successfully complete a side dish on the grill alongside those delicious grilled meats.
Step 1: Choose your favorite canned Glory Foods vegetables. Glory Foods offers corn, string beans, and carrots among others. For the sake of this guide lets use string beans as an example.
Step 2: Take a large piece of aluminum foil and dump the can of string beans into the middle.
Step 3: Add some butter and seasonings. For green beans, a bit of garlic, salt and pepper is all you need
Step 4: Fold up the sides of the aluminum foil to completely cover the vegetables in the middle. This will hold in the heat so they cook faster and don’t lose any flavor.
Step 5: Put on the grill, and wait until they’re done. It’s as simple as that.
Now that the main course is taken care of, we can start thinking about dessert. Everyone loves a good pie on the 4th of July and none is better than Apple Pie. Traditionally, apply pie is a bit time consuming when made from scratch. Now there is a way to make an apple pie that tastes just like the time consuming one. Start by making the pie crust and lining the pan as normal. Then, take a can of Glory Foods fried apples with cinnamon and dump the can in the middle of the pan to spread. Put the top layer of crust over the freshly poured apples, and put it in the oven for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Voila! The perfect 4th of July feast! Begin with collard and sausage soup, next grill your favorite meat and grilled veggies using only the best from Glory Foods, and then top it off with a delicious, hot out of the oven apple pie, with an optional side of vanilla bean ice cream and whipped cream on top. Cooked from scratch, this course may seem challenging. But luckily, you have the help of Glory Foods to save you time, so that you can finish your Fourth of July celebration with some fireworks and a great time had by all!
- Pasta Salads for Summer
- A Red, White & Blue Holiday
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
- The Origin of Collard Greens
- Mother’s Day Cooking Ideas
- Glory Foods Cultivates Canned Food Education at 14th annual Micki Zartman Scarlet & Gray Ag Day
- Glory Foods Launches Social Media Photo Contest To Celebrate Mother’s Day
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.