The Southern Women’s Shows 2011
March 21, 2012
Ask any Carolinian about Southern barbeque, and you’ll get a delicious earful about local and regional differences in traditions, flavors, and cooking styles. So it is with soul food.In celebration of soulful, Southern-style cooking, we are traveling with our Meal SOULutions Academy for Southern-style Cooking to nine cities with the Southern Women’s Shows in 2011. Keep reading to see what we have planned for you.
Our Meal SOULutions Academy for Southern‐style Cooking
Saving your time is at the heart of what we do at Glory Foods. We created our Meal SOULutions Academy for Southern‐style Cooking to help educate family cooks across the country about preparing easy, convenient meals without sacrificing the time‐honored, authentic Southern‐style flavor for which Glory Foods is known.
Our Glorified Chefs
Our participation in the Southern Women’s Shows is also an opportunity to introduce you to some of the most uniquely talented chefs across the country who specialize in authentic Southern cuisine. In each city we visit, our carefully selected chefs create exclusive recipes for their local audiences, using our pre-seasoned foods as a base and providing tips for ways in which we can all be top chefs at home.
What To Expect At a Southern Women’s Show
Southern Women’s Shows are fun for everyone. Wear comfortable shoes and loose-fitting clothing. Bring your appetite and some recyclable shopping bags for the goodies you’re likely to pick up throughout your visit.Shopping at the Southern Women’s Shows is a blast. Each Show offers a selection of handcrafted jewelry and artwork, gadgets for the home, garden, and car, pet supplies, hair products, clothing and accessories from local and national retailers and, of course, an rich selection of foods. You may choose to visit the hair salon at the show, enjoy a massage, a manicure, or a beauty makeover. Have you always wanted to test-drive an electric car? You may just get your wish at the next Southern Show.* * *Be sure to check below for Southern Women’s Show dates near you. For more information, please visit their site, at http://southernshows.com.Please also enjoy our Southern Women’s Shows photo album on Flickr. We'd be delighted if you'd join us
2011 Southern Women's Show Dates
March 11-13, 2011Memphis AgricenterMemphis, TNVisit the siteMarch 18- 20, 2011Richmond Raceway ComplexRichmond, VAVisit the siteApril 8-10, 2011Raleigh, NCVisit the SiteApril 14-17, 2011Nashville Convention CenterNashville, TNVisit the siteApril 28 – May 1, 2011 (Michigan International Women’s Show)Suburban Collection ShowplaceNovi, MIVisit the siteSeptember 15-18, 2011The Park Expo and Conference CenterCharlotte, NCVisit the siteOctober 6-9, 2011Birmingham-Jefferson Convention ComplexBirmingham, ALVisit the siteOctober 13-16, 2011Orange County Convention CenterOrlando, FLVisit the siteOctober 20-23, 2011Prime Osborn Convention CenterJacksonville, FLVisit the site
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
- The Origin of Collard Greens
- Mother’s Day Cooking Ideas
- Jamie Stolarz’ Kale Chips
- The Benefits of Collard Greens
- Easter and Glory Foods
- Fall Fest: Chicken Smashed Potatoes
- Out with the pyramid, in with the plate!
- Missouri Black Expo With Yolanda Adams
- Honey-Carrot Bread
- Yolanda Adams Health & Lifestyle Tour, Charlotte, NC
- Taste Of Dallas
- In Our Thoughts
- Real Men Cook!
- Bound For Philly With Yolanda Adams
- Join us at the Stone Soul Music & Food Festival
- Glory Foods Soulful Lunches Recipe Contest
- Glorious Holiday Deals!
- Thinking of skipping lunch? Here’s why you shouldn’t
- Praising Houston With Yolanda Adams
- Glory and the Yolanda Adams Health & Lifestyle Tour
- Summer Fest: Skillet Corn Muffins
- Atlanta Jazz Festival 2011
- Summer Fest: Cucumber and Shrimp Boat
- The Taste of Charlotte Festival
- Summer Fest: Collard Greens and Cherry Reduction
- Circle of Sisters Expo
- Hot or cold lunch? THAT is the question.
- Taste of Dallas: Eat. Drink. Shop. Repeat.
- What in the world is a Bento Box?
- Raleigh-bound On the Yolanda Adams Tour
- Glory Foods and the Southern Shows
- Quick Summer Slaw
- Creating Soulful Lunches
- Real Men Cook
- Soulful Lunches Recipe Contest Winners!
- Blackeye Peas and Mango Salsa For Memorial Day
- After Thanksgiving: Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole
- Donna-Marie Ryan’s Muffin Tin Buffalo Chicken Pizza Buns
- Sweet Potato Pudding For Mother’s Day
- Glorious Holiday Meals
- Honoring Our Roots, a Podcast
- The Truth About Canned Vegetables
- The Southern Women’s Shows 2011
- Fall Fest: Creamed Spinach
- Fall Fest: Turnip Greens With Potatoes and Mushrooms
- Taste of Charlotte
- Top 10 Glory Soups for National Soup Month
- Summer Fest: Steamed Broccoli-Vegetable Medley
- Celebrating those who have changed the way we eat!
- Eating health with Glory Foods Sensibly Seasoned vegetables!
- Chef Swett’s Gloriously Stuffed Black Eyed Tomatoes
- Welcome to the Glory Blog!
- Family Meals for Easter
- The Importance of Family Dinners
- The Benefits of Collard Greens
- Fall Fest: Caramel Apple Upside-down Cupcakes
- The Vienna Vegetable Orchestra: Playing With Food
- Cheaper To Keep Her
- Jacksonville Southern Women’s Show
- On the Road Again With Yolanda In Indy!
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.