Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
February 20, 2013
October 11, 2012, Charlotte, N.C. – At a press conference earlier today, Glory Foods, along with and NASCAR drivers David Ragan and David Gilliland, both of Front Row Motorsports, presented $50,000 to Feeding America to benefit its child hunger relief efforts.
The donation is a part of the “Race To Feeding America” campaign, which officially launched July 30. Today’s monetary gift, along with the contribution of more than 54,600 pounds of canned goods thus far, will help the campaign exceed its goal of more than 500,000 meals to Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity.
“We are ecstatic bringing the “Race to Feeding America” to Charlotte Motor Speedway this week,” said Dan Charna, vice president of operations for Glory Foods, who represented the company at today’s press conference at Charlotte Motor Speedway. “Our campaign benefiting Feeding America won’t end until March 31, 2013, and we look forward to maintaining the campaign’s momentum as we continue to feed child across America.”
On Saturday, Oct. 13, at the Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Gilliland and Ragan will have a spirited head-to-head challenge to see if either can take the checkered flag to donate $1 million from Glory Foods, Inc. to Feeding America.
“As a NASCAR driver, I always want to win,” Ragan said. “And this race presents an extraordinary opportunity to be of a great help to Feeding America. David Gilliland is my teammate and friend, but I want to be the one responsible for winning $1 million for Feeding America. That’s 8 million meals for children around the country in need of food.”
The Bank of America 500 will be the “Race To Feeding America” finale race, rounding out a total of four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events in which Glory Foods sponsored the No. 34 of Ragan either the No. 38 of Gilliland in 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events in Daytona, Fla. (Coke Zero 400 on July7), Bristol, Tenn. (IRWIN Tools Night Race on Aug. 25) and Atlanta (AdvoCare on Sept. 2).
“Together, we have made a difference working on a common goal – to get healthy meals into the mouths of children,” Gilliland said. “I have two children of my own, and I can’t imagine them ever being without food. No parent wants to see his or her child go hungry.”
NASCAR fans can help by visiting the campaign’s official website, http://www.racetofeedingamerica.org or do,nate to member food banks of Feeding America in their communities. At the website, fans can also register for “Race To Feeding America” Sweepstakes in which a lucky entrant will get two, all-access VIP credentials to meet David Gilliland and David Ragan, sit on the Front Row Motorsports pit box, tour the Front Row Motorsports hauler, get up close and personal to the cars and crews and watch tech inspection.
About Feeding America
Feeding America provides low-income individuals and families with the fuel to survive and even thrive. As the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity, our network members supply food to more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors. Serving the entire United States, more than 200 member food banks support 61,000 agencies that address hunger in all of its forms. For more information on how you can fight hunger in your community and across the country, visit http://www.feedingamerica.org Find .us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FeedingAmerica or follow our news on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/FeedingAmerica
About Front Row Motorsports
Front Row Motorsports is a Statesville, N.C.-based race team in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Formed in 2005 by restaurant and transportation entrepreneur Bob Jenkins, the
team has competed in NASCAR racing in each year since its inception, expanding full-time to the premier Sprint Cup Series in 2009. The team partners with ModSpace, MHP, Scorpion Coatings, Ford Racing and Roush-Yates Racing Engines to field the No. 34 Ford driven by David Ragan and the No. 38 Ford driven by David Gilliland. For sponsorship inquiries contact Mike Laheta, Director of Marketing and Business Affairs, at (440) 773-2701.
About Glory Foods, Inc.
Glory Foods is the category leader in Southern-style, heat-and-serve products including seasoned canned vegetables, cooking bases, hot sauces and fresh greens. Its Southern-style vegetables and side dishes are staples in American homes and offer convenient meal planning solutions for busy families. For more information about Glory Foods, visit http://www.gloryfoods.com on Fa,cebook at http://www.Facebook.com/gloryfoods Twitt,er at http://www.Twitter.com/gloryfoods and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/gloryfoods
- 2017 Glory Foods and Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- How Food Brings Everyone Together
- McCall Farms Expanding Florence County Operations
- Glory Farms “See-Thru” Can Wins Gama Innovation Packaging Award.
- Pasta Salads for Summer
- A Red, White & Blue Holiday
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.