Pasta Salads for Summer
July 18, 2017
Looking for a refreshing side dish or main course for summertime? We've got three great new pasta salad recipes that'll keep you cool all summer long!
Pasta salad is such a unique dish because it can be prepared many different ways and features a variety of ingredients. Some like it tossed in vinegar and oil, while others like theirs with mayo or salad dressing. Ingredients vary, from vegetables, legumes, cheeses and herbs to meats, poultry and seafood.
Our pasta salad recipes below feature delicious Glory Foods Southern Seasoned vegetables and lots of fresh ingredients such as, lime zest, tomatoes, bell pepper and Parmesan cheese. We hope you enjoy!
Italian Rotini Pasta & Vegetables (pictured above)
- 1 (16 oz.) box rotini or spiral pasta
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Lima Beans; drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets; steamed
- 3/4 cup small cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper; sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) jar pimentos; drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms; drained
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives; drained
- 8 links (pre-cooked) vegetarian breakfast links; heated and sliced
- Boil pasta according to box directions, then drain.
- Return pasta to pot and add Italian dressing; mix well.
- Add Glory Foods Seasoned Lima Beans, steamed broccoli, tomatoes, bell pepper, pimentos, mushrooms, olives and sausage. Mix well and serve room temperature or chill for 1 hour to serve cold.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time (if desired): 60 minutes
Bow Tie Pasta with Basil Pesto
- 1 (16 oz.) box bow tie pasta
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups prepared basil pesto
- 1 (14 oz.) can grilled artichoke heart quarters; drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Farms Garbanzo Beans; drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon or lime zest
- Boil pasta according to box directions. Drain and return to pot along with olive oil and basil pesto; stir to coat pasta.
- Add artichoke hearts, Glory Farms Garbanzo Beans and Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans.
- Pasta can be served warm, room temperature or cold. Before serving top with freshly grated lemon or lime zest.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Spicy Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 2 (4 oz.) packages 4 cheese Tortellini
- 1/3 cup (bottled) Italian dressing
- 1 cup Italian giardiniera mix (like Castella or Mezzetta)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1 (12 oz.) can artichoke heart quarters; drained
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Boil tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir on the dressing and mix well to coat pasta. Add the hot mix, Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans and artichoke hearts.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours (stirring pasta salad occasionally). Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
- 2017 Glory Foods and Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- How Food Brings Everyone Together
- McCall Farms Expanding Florence County Operations
- Glory Farms “See-Thru” Can Wins Gama Innovation Packaging Award.
- Pasta Salads for Summer
- A Red, White & Blue Holiday
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.