Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
November 09, 2012
The holidays are when people around the world splurge.
Those desirables they do their best to avoid year-around are given reprieves.
And desserts are no exception.
Typically, Americans begin surrendering to sweet temptations around and during Thanksgiving.
This is the time when those wonderful but dastardly desserts slay our diets and rob us of our willpower.
So, in the spirit of delightful tastes worth the splurge, Glory Foods® has some great suggestions for dessert recipes you can make with Glory Foods® Sweet Traditions® or Glory Foods® Seasoned Southern Style products. With them, you can make holiday desserts with the added goodness of vegetables and fruit.
The Honey Carrot Bread, for example, is a delicious, moist dessert that isn’t sugary and made with orange zest, walnuts, raisins and Glory Foods® Seasoned Southern Style Honey Carrots. Just 1/2 cup of these carrots contains 90 percent of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A. The bread is ideal for the main dessert or for a midnight snack enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.
At http://www.gloryfoods.com/recipes/desserts/ , there are many sweets from which you can choose, including fried apple cobbler and Apple Citrus bread made prepared with Glory Foods® Sweet Traditions® Fried Apples and No-Bake Sweet Potato Vanilla Wafer Pudding and Glory’s Sweet Potato Pie featuring Glory Foods® Sweet Traditions® Sweet Potato Casserole.
For your Thanksgiving meal, try this crowd-pleasing recipe for Sweet Potato Roll.
Sweet Potato Roll
1/4 cup Powdered sugar
3/4 cup Flour, all-purpose
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
3 each Eggs, large
1 (15-ounce) can Glory Foods® Sweet Potato Casserole
8-ounce (1 package) Cream cheese, at room temperature
6 tablespoons Butter, softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Powdered sugar for finishing
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 15” x 10” sheet pan with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with cooking spray.
On a second piece of parchment paper, evenly sprinkle 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
Place eggs in a mixer and mix on high for 3 minutes. Add Glory Foods® Sweet Potato Casserole and mix until blended. Fold in the flour mixture 1/3 at a time and spread evenly on the parchment-lined sheet tray.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes, making sure the top of the cake springs back when touched. Quickly loosen and turn the cake on to the parchment paper prepared with powdered sugar. Peel the paper away from the cake bottom with care.
Starting at the narrow end of the cake, roll the cake and powdered paper together, placing it seam side down. Let cool.
To make the filling, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
To assemble, unroll the cooled cake. Spread the filling evenly over the cake. Roll the filled cake and refrigerate for a few hours.
Dust with powdered sugar, serve and enjoy.
- Pasta Salads for Summer
- A Red, White & Blue Holiday
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
- The Origin of Collard Greens
- Mother’s Day Cooking Ideas
- Glory Foods Cultivates Canned Food Education at 14th annual Micki Zartman Scarlet & Gray Ag Day
- Glory Foods Launches Social Media Photo Contest To Celebrate Mother’s Day
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.