Glory foods® Enhances Its Collard Greens With New Cooking Process Innovation
March 14, 2012
COLUMBUS, OH (October 2011) – Glory Foods, Inc. (Glory) is giving Southern-style food lovers a reason to fall more in love with its pre-seasoned collard greens as a result of its latest cooking process innovation and enriched flavoring that combine to dramatically enhance its signature southern-style taste. Boasting a New, Richer Southern Flavor, the new and improved formula debuts in its heat and serve canned varieties of greens, peas and beans and string beans. The New, Richer Southern Flavor is available now in grocery stores and mass merchandise retailers nationwide with no price increase. “While we’ve introduced a mix of new products in recent years, it’s been a while since we’ve made any significant enhancements to the ‘flavor’ of our products,” said Dan Charna, vice president of operations for Glory Foods. “By listening to our consumers and with the help of our world-class R&D folks, I believe we’ve gotten as close as one can get to southern authenticity in a can.”
NEW, RICHER SOUTHERN FLAVOR
The enhanced product varieties benefit from a proprietary new cooking process during the canning phase that nearly cuts the required cooking time in half. This quicker cooking system helps to preserve flavor and is more environmentally friendly. New, Richer Southern Flavor also features an added boost of new savory flavoring in each can that make for an all-around tastier southern dish on family tables across America. The improved product maintains Glory’s tradition of starting with farm-fresh vegetables that are coupled with the finest seasonings and premium ingredients such as sweet bell peppers, onions and garlic. With a regional roll-out that started earlier in the summer, the New, Richer Southern Flavor is now phasing in stores nationally. While some of the original cans may still be found on store shelves during the phase-in, consumers should look for cans with the New, Richer Southern Flavor decal in stores nationwide. Glory’s core line-up of canned vegetables is the first and only to inherit the new flavor including:
Southern Style Premium Greens: Heat and serve Collard Greens, Kale, Turnips, Mustard and Mixed Greens featuring onions, garlic and spices in a rich southern broth. All greens varieties are available in 14.5 oz. cans and go up from there.
Southern Style Peas and Beans: All varieties of Glory’s beans and peas have been enhanced with the new flavor including Black Beans and Rice, Black Eye Peas, Black Eye Peas and Rice, Butter Beans, Field Peas & Snaps, Great Northern Beans, Lima Beans, New Orleans Style Red Beans and Pinto Beans. The peas and beans are available in 14.5 oz. cans go up from there.
Southern Style String Beans: Both its Country Style String Beans and String Beans with Potatoes feature premium green beans that are slow simmered with Glory’s signature flavors and are available in 27 oz. cans.
Glory Continues To Strengthen Retail Presence With New Acosta Partnership
In keeping with the exciting new organizational shifts under its parent company McCall Farms, sales and marketing powerhouse Acosta was selected to be Glory Foods’s new retail sales agent. Officially taking the reins in September as its national broker of record, Acosta will provide a range of marketing and merchandising services such as Continuity Services, Resets and special projects in all stores where Glory Foods is sold. Acosta kicks off its engagement with the activation of the New, Richer Southern Flavor products at retail, which is a timely springboard for helping Glory optimize an engaging in-store experience during the 2011 Holiday season and year-round.
A Glorious Holiday Season
Glory's New, Richer Southern Flavor was put to the test this fall during the 2011 Southern Women's Show events where attendees were treated to Glory-inspired dishes created by chefs using New, Richer Southern Flavor. Glory is making it easy for more consumers to 'try' New, Richer Southern Flavor and also get money-saving deals to enhance their Holiday cooking experiences:
A Taste of Glory: Hundreds of free sampling demonstrations in participating stores across the U.S. Visit www.gloryfoods.com for a listing of participating stores
Glorious Holiday Deals: Look out for exciting promotional discounts with Glory's 'Glorious Holiday Meals' coupons available in select local newspapers, at Walmart.com and in Holiday issues of All You Magazine (available exclusively at Walmart)
Consumers can look for the New, Richer Southern Flavor decal on Glory's traditional cans in stores today. Glory Foods's variety of southern-style products including canned vegetables, cooking bases, hot sauces and fresh greens are available at a variety of retailers across the U.S. including BI-LO, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Ingles, Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, Publix Super Markets, Target, Walmart and Winn-Dixie.
- 2017 Glory Foods and Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- How Food Brings Everyone Together
- Glory Farms “See-Thru” Can Wins Gama Innovation Packaging Award.
- Pasta Salads for Summer
- A Red, White & Blue Holiday
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
- The Origin of Collard Greens
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.