Glory Farms “See-Thru” Can Wins Gama Innovation Packaging Award.
November 02, 2017
EFFINGHAM, S.C., Nov. 2, 2017 — Glory Farms premium vegetables “See-Thru” can, the most innovative packaging introduced into the canned food industry in nearly 200 years, was named the winner of the 2017 Gama Innovation Award for Packaging at a gala celebration in Manchester, England on October 25. The Glory Farms package was chosen by an international panel of industry judges from eight packaging finalists from around the world, all consumer-packaged goods brands. Glory Farms is a new brand of canned premium vegetables from McCall Farms, known for its tasty line of high quality, southern-style seasoned canned vegetables and fruits.
Glory Farms ‘See-Thru’ vegetable can wins 2017 Gama Innovation Award for Packaging at Gama awards ceremony in Manchester, England. Pictured left to right: Silvia Ruiz, Innovation Director, Gama; Pat Coyne, President, Coyne & Co Brand Innovation; Marion Swink, Co-Owner, McCall Farms; Annie Ham, Marketing Director, McCall Farms; Cesar Pereira, Founder & CEO, Gama; Mark Nelson, Program Director – TruVue, Sonoco Plastics
“It’s such a thrill for our company to be recognized for our See-Thru can and win this prestigious Gama Innovation Award,” said Marion Swink, Co-Owner of McCall Farms. “When we started this project, we had two goals: to create a package that answered a consumer demand, and to do something truly unique for the canning industry who hasn’t seen much innovation since the can was invented in the early 1800’s. I’m very proud of the tremendous efforts of everyone at McCall Farms and our terrific partner Sonoco Plastics who worked so well together to accomplish our goals.” Woody Swink, Co-President of McCall Farms added, “Today’s consumer wants clean labeling and to feel good that they are buying quality products. So, that’s exactly what we’re giving them with our Glory Farms See-Thru can, quality you can see.”
New Glory Farms Premium Slow-Cooked Vegetables in a category first, ‘See-Thru’ can. Seven varieties.
The Gama Innovation Awards recognize outstanding innovation in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) space, with finalists selected by Gama’s global network of in-country researchers and analysts. The Gama Awards Team wrote, “Clear cans give a new meaning to transparency in the preserved vegetable category. The Glory Farms ‘clear can’ technology could allow canned foods to compete on a more equal footing with non-preserved alternatives in perceptions of freshness, quality, nutritional benefits and flavour.”
Glory Farms uses only premium vegetables that are slow-cooked at lower temperatures to lock-in their flavors and nutrients. A new pop-top lid adds convenience for preparing delicious meals and side dishes. The line is now available in over 1,000 grocery stores on the east coast. Varieties include: Garbanzo Beans, Pinto Beans, Green Lima Beans, Light Red Kidney Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans, Great Northern Beans and Blackeye Peas.
About McCall Farms
McCall Farms is one of America’s leading producers of farm-fresh canned vegetables and fruits. Established in 1838, McCall Farms employs over 1,000 people in its 900,000-square foot manufacturing facility and corporate offices in Effingham, SC. The family-owned and operated company produces a wide variety of high-quality, Southern-style products under nationally distributed brands including Glory Foods®, Margaret Holmes®, Peanut Patch® and Bruce’s Yams®. In September 2017, McCall Farms acquired the brands of Sager Creek Vegetable Company including Allens®, Veg-all®, Popeye®, Princella®, Freshlike® and Trappey’s®. New Glory Farms was introduced in early 2017 and continues to expand distribution. For more information on Glory Farms, visit gloryfarms.com. For McCall Farms, visit mccallfarms.com
About Sonoco Plastics
The TruVue™ plastic can was developed by Sonoco Products. Founded in 1899, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of approximately $4.8 billion, the Company has 20,000 employees working in more than 300 operations in 33 countries, serving some of the world’s best-known brands in some 85 nations. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com.
Gama is a global provider of business information and services specializing in innovation and international trade. Through their worldwide network of over 100 specialists in 46 countries, they offer high-quality news, research, analysis and partnering services, delivering compelling insights and supporting you to unlock new business opportunities. www.gamaconsumer.com
- 2017 Glory Foods and Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- How Food Brings Everyone Together
- McCall Farms Expanding Florence County Operations
- Glory Farms “See-Thru” Can Wins Gama Innovation Packaging Award.
- Pasta Salads for Summer
- A Red, White & Blue Holiday
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.