Getting Our Boogaloo On
March 21, 2012
Norfolk's annual Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival brings the heart and soul of Louisiana food, music, and art to the Virginia waterfront. We’re sure you’ll enjoy the jambalaya, gumbo and the etoufee. But don’t miss out on the Hoppin’ John dish we'll be serving. Black eye peas, collard greens and rice, smothered with the soulful, southern seasonings Glory is famous for! Come by for a taste!The festival is a great chance to see the brilliant artwork of Louisiana artists or to check out a Cajun or Creole cooking demonstration. Show off your mad crawfish-eating skills, or heat it up, Cajun style, by entering either a crawfish chow-down or a hot-pepper-eating contest. Who's got “eating” game? We haven’t forgotten about the kids, either. Occupy their time with roaming jugglers or face-painters, or a sit-down with a caricature artist.As you might imagine, the music will be out of this world. The festival's two music stages feature local New Orleans recording artists and nationally renowned musicians who'll get your hands clapping, your feet two-steppin', and your heart pumping throughout the weekend. This event is truly one that the whole family can enjoy.We hope to see you at Town Point Park!* * *
June 24 - 26, 2011Friday: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (see admission information below)Saturday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Town Point Park201 Waterside DriveNorfolk, VA 23510
$10 per day; free admission on Friday from Noon to 3 p.m.* * *For more information about the Bayou Boogaloo, including the music schedule, please visit the festival's site.
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is not only great for southern recipes but good for you too!
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
- The Origin of Collard Greens
- Mother’s Day Cooking Ideas
- Jamie Stolarz’ Kale Chips
- The Benefits of Collard Greens
- Easter and Glory Foods
- Fall Fest: Chicken Smashed Potatoes
- Out with the pyramid, in with the plate!
- Missouri Black Expo With Yolanda Adams
- Honey-Carrot Bread
- Yolanda Adams Health & Lifestyle Tour, Charlotte, NC
- Taste Of Dallas
- In Our Thoughts
- Real Men Cook!
- Bound For Philly With Yolanda Adams
- Join us at the Stone Soul Music & Food Festival
- Glory Foods Soulful Lunches Recipe Contest
- Glorious Holiday Deals!
- Thinking of skipping lunch? Here’s why you shouldn’t
- Praising Houston With Yolanda Adams
- Glory and the Yolanda Adams Health & Lifestyle Tour
- Summer Fest: Skillet Corn Muffins
- Atlanta Jazz Festival 2011
- Summer Fest: Cucumber and Shrimp Boat
- The Taste of Charlotte Festival
- Summer Fest: Collard Greens and Cherry Reduction
- Circle of Sisters Expo
- Hot or cold lunch? THAT is the question.
- Taste of Dallas: Eat. Drink. Shop. Repeat.
- What in the world is a Bento Box?
- Raleigh-bound On the Yolanda Adams Tour
- Glory Foods and the Southern Shows
- Quick Summer Slaw
- Creating Soulful Lunches
- Real Men Cook
- Soulful Lunches Recipe Contest Winners!
- Blackeye Peas and Mango Salsa For Memorial Day
- After Thanksgiving: Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole
- Donna-Marie Ryan’s Muffin Tin Buffalo Chicken Pizza Buns
- Sweet Potato Pudding For Mother’s Day
- Glorious Holiday Meals
- Honoring Our Roots, a Podcast
- The Truth About Canned Vegetables
- The Southern Women’s Shows 2011
- Fall Fest: Creamed Spinach
- Fall Fest: Turnip Greens With Potatoes and Mushrooms
- Taste of Charlotte
- Top 10 Glory Soups for National Soup Month
- Summer Fest: Steamed Broccoli-Vegetable Medley
- Celebrating those who have changed the way we eat!
- Eating health with Glory Foods Sensibly Seasoned vegetables!
- Chef Swett’s Gloriously Stuffed Black Eyed Tomatoes
- Welcome to the Glory Blog!
- Family Meals for Easter
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.
Green Beans, Sensibly Seasoned Lower Sodium,15.25oz.Learn More »
From Our BlogChef Swett’s Gloriously Stuffed Black Eyed Tomatoes