Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
October 27, 2016
With the school year back in swing, McCall Farms is sharing three easy to make and healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. From Overnight Quick Cooking Fried Apple Oatmeal to Black-eye Pea Grilled Burger Shooters, these meals are perfect for kids and adults.
“McCall Farms recipes are flavorful, easy to make, and perfect for any meal,” says Annie Ham, marketing director at McCall Farms. “Our recipes not only taste delicious, they are also packed with nutrients. We’re proud to offer the freshest farm-grown canned produce available.”
McCall Farms invites all to enjoy the following dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner:
Overnight Quick Cooking Fried Apple Oatmeal
- 2 cups quick cooking (3 minute) oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or currants
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- In a large glass bowl, stir together all ingredients. Cover with cling wrap and let sit overnight at room temperature (6-8 hours).
- In the morning, stir well and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking. Cook an additional minute if you prefer thicker oatmeal.
Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes
Cheesy Turkey & Greens Pinwheels
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Smoked Turkey Collard Greens
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbs. mayonnaise
- 4 tbs. roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 (12" X 8") pinwheel flatbreads
- 16 slices turkey lunch meat
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Heat Glory Foods Smoked Turkey Collard Greens in microwave safe bowl for one minute and then drain. Add white wine vinegar to collard greens and stir.
- Combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, roasted red peppers and collard greens.
- Spread mixture onto pinwheel wraps, layer mixture with sliced turkey
- Roll up each pinwheel wrap, and cut into 6 pieces (for a total of 12 pinwheels). Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.
Yields: 12 pinwheels
Prep time: 20 minutes
Black-eye Pea Grilled Burger Shooters
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Southern Style Black-eye Peas
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Drain the Glory Foods Southern Style Black-eye Peas and divide in half.
- Mix half the black-eye peas in a large bowl with the onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, parmesan, eggs, flour, garlic, salt, pepper, green onion and 1 cup of the bread crumbs. Mash until well blended.
- Fold in the reserved black-eye peas and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop out about a 2 oz. cup of the mixture and form into mini patties. Repeat to make 16 patties.
- Coat each patty with the remaining bread crumbs; coat both sides.
- Heat half the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 6 to 8 of the cakes at a time, 3 to 5 minutes per side or until light golden brown and crispy on the outside. Drain on paper towels.
- Place patties on mini whole-wheat buns, and top with your favorite sauces and toppings.
Yields: 16 mini burgers
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
About McCall Farms:
One of America’s leading producers of farm fresh canned vegetables and fruit, McCall Farms has been cultivating food for more than 177 years. The family-owned and operated company produces a wide variety of Southern-style products under the Glory Foods, Margaret Holmes, Peanut Patch Boiled Peanuts and Bruce’s Yams, as well as private-label and foodservice products, all of which are sold nationwide. Based in Effingham, South Carolina, McCall Farms products are grown on 2,000 acres of family farmland with an additional 18,000 acres contracted throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
- The Origin of Collard Greens
- Mother’s Day Cooking Ideas
- Glory Foods Cultivates Canned Food Education at 14th annual Micki Zartman Scarlet & Gray Ag Day
- Glory Foods Launches Social Media Photo Contest To Celebrate Mother’s Day
- Glory Foods Continues Successful Sourcing of Vegetables from Southeastern United States Farmers
- Glory Foods Reintroduces Sensibly Seasoned All Natural Lower Sodium Product Line
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.