Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
January 29, 2013
Cheese is a romantic. It adores anything within its vicinity. It gives and receives love freely and woos us in flirtatious ways with its personality and infinite possibilities.
Our appetizers can’t resist cheese. Our main dishes totally dig cheese. And our desserts are sweet on cheese, too. No one, then, should be surprised that cheese gets worldwide worship – where people are, cheese resides. We are cheese addicts.
A whopping 33.3 pounds of cheese is consumed per person in America, according to the United States Department of Agriculture. In France, where nearly 1,000 different types of cheese exist, each person consumes 52.7 pounds of milk’s most beloved child.
Vegetables from Glory Foods are no different. They are absolutely infatuated with cheese and get cozy with an array at every opportunity.
if you visit the Glory Foods recipes found here: http://www.gloryfoods.com/recipes/
you will quickly discover that cheese is a weakness for canned vegetables calling Glory Foods home. This attraction, of course, makes sense. When you have fresh-from-the-field-to-the-can vegetables that are soulfully seasoned mingling with cheese crushes like cheddar and mozzarella, you get a wallop of flavor that will make your taste buds tango.
Glory Foods’ Southern Chicken Florentine is a fine example of the sheer goodness that manifests in a meal when canned vegetables from Glory Foods cohabit with Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. The taste is exquisite, but the recipe is easy.
This is what you need:
1 (14.5-ounce) can Glory Foods Turkey Flavored Turnip Greens, drained and squeezed lightly till dry, chopped roughly.
1/2 (7-ounce) can Mushroom stems and pieces, drained
2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
2 tablespoons Prepared Alfredo Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Garlic, chopped
1/2 Egg yolk
2 (10-12-ounce) Chicken Breast, skinless, split, trimmed, pound to 1/2" thick
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Paprika, to taste
1 (14.5-ounce) can Diced tomatoes, in juice with onions and garlic
2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
To make this scrumptious meal:
Mix all the ingredients for the Florentine mix until well combined and refrigerate.
Pre-heat oven to 425°
Season each half breast with the salt, pepper and paprika.
Apply 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Florentine Mix to the skin side of each half breast forming approximately a 1/2-inch layer on top of each breast and leaving a 1/2-inch border of exposed meat.
Place one can of tomatoes in an 8"x12" or slightly larger baking dish. Place the prepared chicken into the baking dish. Add the remaining can of tomatoes placing the tomatoes and liquid around the chicken, not over the top.
Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes for an internal temperature of 165°
Plate the chicken breast and spoon the diced tomatoes and juice from the baking dish over the chicken, garnish with the grated parmesan and serve.
If you want more recipes featuring cheeses that charm us again and again, check out the numerous love connections at http://www.gloryfoods.com/recipes/
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
- The Origin of Collard Greens
- Mother’s Day Cooking Ideas
- Glory Foods Cultivates Canned Food Education at 14th annual Micki Zartman Scarlet & Gray Ag Day
- Glory Foods Launches Social Media Photo Contest To Celebrate Mother’s Day
- Glory Foods Continues Successful Sourcing of Vegetables from Southeastern United States Farmers
- Glory Foods Reintroduces Sensibly Seasoned All Natural Lower Sodium Product Line
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.