Celebrate Summer with Glory
April 28, 2017
The first day of summer is right around the corner, and we've got three brand new summertime recipes sure to please!
Our new recipes, developed by Michaela Rosenthal, are refreshing and light, which will help to combat those rising temperatures. They also feature lots of fresh veggies like Roma tomatoes, zucchini and avocado, as well as fresh ingredients such as lime zest and lemon juice.
Try our Southern Cobb Salad for lunch, featuring a generous portion of Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas and lots of fresh vegetables. For lunch, dive into our Black Bean Salad Burger Stack, a bun-less salad dish with a lemon infused Ranch dressing. For a sweet - but not too sweet - treat, try Michaela's Sweet Potato Fruit Dip featuring Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole.
Whether at the beach, a park or relaxing in the backyard by the pool, cool down and refuel with the recipes below! #HappySummer
Southern Cobb Salad (pictured above)
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce; outer leaves removed then sliced
- 2 hard cooked eggs; chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas; drained and rinsed
- 1/2 basket cherry tomatoes; halved or quartered
- 1 medium zucchini; grated
- 1 large carrot; peeled and grated
- 1 small avocado; diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (of your choice)
- bottled salad dressing; we suggested Blue Cheese or Ranch
- Divide lettuce between 2 large salad bowls.
- Top lettuce with vegetables and cheese, arranging in lines over the lettuce, and serve with salad dressing of your choice.
Yield: 2 large dinner servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Black Bean Salad Burger Stack
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 4 beef or turkey burger patties
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans; drained and heated
- 1 (16 oz.) bag pre-washed salad mix
- 2 Roma tomatoes; diced
- 1 (small) cucumber; diced
- 1/2 cup prepared Ranch dressing
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbs. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry patties until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place salad mix in a large bowl, and mix thoroughly with tomatoes, cucumber, dressing and lemon juice.
- Divide salad between 4 plates and top with a patty and a generous scoop of warm Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans and shredded cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Sweet Potato Fruit Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) container whipped cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) container dairy sour cream
- 1 tbs. dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- freshly grated lime zest
- Whip together cream cheese, sour cream and brown sugar.
- Stir in Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole and lime juice; mix until combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish then sprinkle with freshly grated lime zest. Serve with sliced fruit and/or sweet crackers.
Yield: 1-1/2 cups dip
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2017 Glory Foods and Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- How Food Brings Everyone Together
- McCall Farms Expanding Florence County Operations
- Glory Farms “See-Thru” Can Wins Gama Innovation Packaging Award.
- Pasta Salads for Summer
- A Red, White & Blue Holiday
- Celebrate Summer with Glory
- A Glorious Easter Contest
- Heart Healthy, all Natural Simply Seasoned
- 2017 Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- McCall Farms Introduces New “See-Thru” Vegetable Can
- A Glory Foods Fried Apple Christmas
- 2016 Glory Foods & Bruce’s Yams Holiday Cookbook
- Farm-fresh, and Easy to Make, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Recipes
- McCall Farms Shares Farm-Fresh Football Fare
- Growing Kids through Gardening
- Farm Fresh Side Dishes for the 4th of July
- McCall Farms Celebrates Eat Your Vegetables Day
- Glory Foods Power Essence Smoothies
- McCall Farms Shares Delicious Summer Recipes
- National Canned Food Month
- Glory Foods presents #MeatlessMonday
- Happy Holidays from Glory Foods
- Happy Thanksgiving from Glory Foods
- National Dessert Day
- Taste of Charlotte 2015
- A little history on Glory Foods
- 5 Soup Recipes for National Soup Month
- Kale Greens is great for southern recipes and good for you too!
- Glory Foods Brings its Own Style of Southern to Taste of Dallas
- Recipe Contest to Encourage Kids to Eat More Greens!
- School’s Back: Easy Weeknight Meals
- Glory Foods Helps Keep Your Kitchen Cool With No-Oven Meal Ideas
- Drink to Your Health: Smoothies vs. Juicing
- Glory Foods Wins Overall ‘Best Theme’ in ‘Cantribution’ Contest
- Glory Foods Awards Winner of the Race to Feeding America Sweepstakes
- The Possibilities of Eggs Are Easy To Crack with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Goes Global with Fusion Cuisine at Michigan International Women’s Show
- Home Economist Hones Down-Home Recipes for Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Raleigh
- Restaurant Owner to Share Recipes Featuring Glory Foods at Southern Women’s Show in Richmond
- Nutrition Expert Presents Delicious Dishes at Southern Women’s Show in Nashville
- Cooking With Herbs The Glory Foods Way
- Summer Salad Recipes: Easy Dishes Made To Delight
- Making Sauces The Glory Foods Way
- Easter Recipes: Preparing an Easter Feast with Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Announces ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest Winners
- National Nutrition Month: The Good in Glory Foods
- Glory Foods Brings its Soulful Heritage to Southern Women’s Show in Memphis
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products have Southern Twist
- Glory Foods Features Canned Goodness at 2013 Southern Women’s Shows
- Canned Vegetables Nutrition: The Cans of Canned Food
- Glory Foods New Smoked Sausage Products Boast Southern Flavor
- Heart Health Month: Be Sensibly Seasoned About It!
- Glory Foods Launches ‘Honor Your Hero’ Photo Contest in Celebration of Black History Month
- Glory Foods will be Featured on ABC’s ‘The Chew’ starting Friday, Feb 1
- Glory Foods Introduces Touchdown Recipes for the Big Game on Feb 3
- Glory Foods Holiday Decorations Contest Winners Capture Spirit of Season
- Two Students at Ohio State University Awarded the Glory Foods Minority Scholarship
- Glory Foods Sponsors Holiday Food Bank Drive on December 7 & 8 with Myrtle Beach Business
- Glory Foods, Inc. Debuts New Ad Campaign Featuring “The Green Bean Challenge”
- Glory Foods Introduces a Fresh Batch of Recipes for the New Year
- Women Win Glory Foods, Inc. Pumpkin Carving Contest
- NASCAR Drives Face-Off Against Hunger at Bank of American 500 on October 13 for Glory Foods, Inc.
- Race to Feeding American Campaign Donates $50,000 to Feeding America to Benefit Child Hunger Relief
- Black History Month Food: Cooking Up African Culture Rooted in American Soil
- Facts About Cheese and Why We Love It So
- Quick and Easy Soup Recipes to Celebrate National Soup Month
- Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes to Start Your New Year Off Right!
- Hoppin’ John: The Rice and Peas Dish Symbolizing Good Luck Tastes Good - Just in Time for New Years!
- Food: The Gifts of Glory They Won’t Give Away
- Glory Foods Side Dishes Add Kick To Any Dinner
- Thanksgiving Meals from Coast To Coast
- Holiday Desserts: Calories Worth The Plunge
- Green Bean Casserole: A Tradition Meets Diversity
- Vegetables reign in October and beyond
- A Sweet History: Sweet Potatoes are old, but still gold
- Food Banks serve as storehouses of hope
- Glory Foods $1 Million NASCAR Challenge
- Rice: A Universal Food
- Apples are worth the Bite
- Black-Eyed Peas Hash
- Chicagoan Wins Glory Foods Summer Recipe Contest With Sweet Potato Casserole Entry
- Glory Foods, Inc. Introduces “Race To Feeding America” Campaign At Irwin Tools Night Race in Bristol
- Back-to-School Breakfast
- Glory Foods Recipe for Turkey, Beans, and Rice Casserole - Perfect for any Weekday Dinner!
- NASCAR Sponsorship/Feeding America
- Glory Foods, Inc. Launches “Race To Feeding America” Campaign
- Collard Greens Compliment Your Cooking
- Your Labor Day Made Easy With Glory Foods
- A Healthy & Delicious Meal
- The Ultimate Fourth of July Feast
- Meet A Dessert You Won’t Desert
- Juneteenth: Celebration of Freedom, Celebration of Food
- Showcase Your Best For Glory Foods’ Recipe Contest
- New Glory Foods Videos Feature Tasty Meals
- Glory Foods Debuts Green Bean Challenge Video Online
- Glory Foods And Richmond Flying Squirrels To Host Food Drive July 22 For Central Virginia Food Bank
- A Northerner’s Introduction to Southern Collard Greens
- Residents of Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin Win Prizes in Glory Foods Social Media Photo Contest
- There’s Nobody Like Mom
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.